Our department provides and funds services for people with intellectual, physical, sensory, cognitive and neurological disabilities.
A person with a disability can access general services, including:
- Community health
- Early childhood and education services
- Sport and recreation
- Maternal and child health services.
Specialist disability services
It also funds a range of specialist disability supports that are available to people with a disability and their families. These supports help a person with a disability participate actively in the community and reach their full potential.
For more information, see Specialist disability services
Categories of support
Support fall into 2 categories:
- Short-term supports – such as respite services, behaviour supports, case management and therapy
- Ongoing supports – such an Individual support package and Supported accommodation
How can you get disability support?
You can request disability support from the department or a community service organisation if:
- You have a disability and it impacts on your mobility, communication, self-care or self-management
- Your support request meets specific requirements related to the service you are seeking.