Do you have a great business idea? You can be one of 40 young Victorians selected to turn their business idea into reality.
Getting down to business is an innovative program for young people aged 16 – 25 years with a passion for enterprise. Whether you're looking to kick start your business idea or take your venture to the next level, Getting down to business will help transform your ideas into reality.
Getting down to business is part time but it’s not like going to uni, secondary school, or TAFE. It's not a one-size fits all initiative. If you are studying, running or developing your own business, working or have other commitments, Getting down to business can be tailored to meet your needs. You won’t have to pass tests or sit exams. Your success will be how Getting down to business helps you start, build and grow your own enterprise.
Participants will learn the ins and outs of starting and growing an enterprise through hands-on coaching and mentoring from experts and each other. You'll be able to share ideas, knowledge and experiences and make valuable network connections.
Getting down to business is funded by the Victorian Government and is delivered by Enterprising Partnerships. The program supports young people to develop and build their enterprises.
What's on offer?
- 40 enterprising young people from across Victoria working in groups with Enterprise facilitators who will help you develop your business plans to start and grow your business, and create your own personalised mentor and training plan
- 3 'Stretch Days' during which you'll participate in roundtables with other young entrepreneurs and then pitch, refine and develop your ideas with industry experts
- One-on-one coaching and mentoring that matches you to enterprise and industry experts
- 5 short courses to build your business and management skills
- New connections and networks that let you find new opportunities for collaboration
- Online, face-to-face and conferencing support.
To find out more visit the Getting Down to Business website.