Water and sewerage concession

Eligible concession card holders can have 50 per cent deducted automatically from their water bill.

What does this concession apply to?

Water and sewerage charges.

Who can apply for the concession?

A water account holder who holds one of the following eligible cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Health Care Card
  • Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card.

How much is the concession?

50 per cent deduction on water and sewerage charges up to a yearly maximum of $313.10 for 2017-18.

If you are only billed for a single service, for example, water only, you will receive 50 per cent off water charges up to a maximum of $156.55.

How do I apply for the concession?

Phone your water corporation to apply.

Your water corporation will check your concession card details with Centrelink and apply the concession to your bill.

More information

Phone your water corporation or the Concessions information line.

Concessions information line
1800 658 521