You should check the details of your concession card to find out which health benefits you are eligible for.
Other agencies offer a variety of concessions and benefits to eligible cardholders to assist low-income Victorians with health bills. If you have a relevant concession card, you may be eligible for one of these concessions:
- Ambulance transport - emergency ambulance transport is free-of-charge for some concession cardholders
- Dental services - most concession cardholders can access affordable dental health services for general, specialist and emergency care
- Essential medical equipment payment - you can apply for an essential medical equipment payment even if you receive a similar benefit from the Victorian government
- Eye care and glasses - affordable eye care and visual aids are available for the disadvantaged in our community
- Hearing services - free hearing checks and hearing aids are available for eligible concession cardholders and their dependents
- Multi-purpose taxi program - Victorians with permanent or severe disabilities can receive discounted taxi fares.
- Patient travel subsidies - Victorians who must travel long distances to receive specialist medical services can have their travel costs partly reimbursed
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme - the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme makes most prescription medicine affordable for concession cardholders.