Low-income Victorians not connected to mains water supply are eligible for a rebate on their purchase of water for domestic use.
What does this concession apply to?
Non-mains water purchased for domestic use, for example:
- Carted water for rainwater tanks
- Water bought via a billing agent or water cooperative
- Water bought via an embedded network.
Who can apply for the concession?
An account holder who holds one of the following eligible cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Health Care Card
- Veterans' Affairs Gold Card.
How much is the concession?
Rebate amounts for 2018-19 are:
- $120 for spending from $168 to $480.99
- $240 for spending from $481 to $962.99
- $360 for spending $963 and above.
How do I apply for the concession?
Application forms are available from water carters or by phoning the Concessions information line on 1800 658 521 (toll free).
Applications for each year will close on 30 June of the following year.
Applications must include copies of paid invoices or receipts.
The department will check your concession card details with Centrelink and provide the concession as a rebate.