As a parent, you have the biggest influence on your child's wellbeing and development from the time they are born.
The Department funds a range of services and supports to assist you in your role.
Supported Playgroups provide education and support to parents of children aged 0-18 years. The groups help you to build the confidence to support your child's development. You learn parenting essentials that can help your child thrive.
How you can participate in groups
To be enrolled in a Supported Playgroup, families must meet at least one of the following:
- a family member in the household holds a Health Care Card or equivalent
- families in which a family member identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- families looking after children in kinship care arrangements (out of home care)
- families referred from Child FIRST/Child Protection
- families referred from or participating in Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Services.
Further information on the LaTrobe Valley programs